Is it possible for one recipe to change your life?
If your obsession with birthday cake is real, and the only thing keeping you from devouring a slice for breakfast is the daunting reminder of your health and fitness goals, then you should probably grab a chair and brace yourself…because life as you know it is about to change forever.
This recipe can be broken down into three simple parts:
Cake + Pancakes + Healthy
What?! Cake in the form of pancakes? And healthy?!
Yup! This is a twist on my classic Banana Oat Pancake recipe and oh man is it good. Serve this up during a birthday brunch, or treat yourself when you’ve earned yourself a slice of cake, but want to stay on track with your goals. It’s a guilt-free treat that will keep you satisfied every single time.
Birthday cake comes in many forms, and this might just be my favorite one.
*All measurements and actions are bolded below. Tools needed are underlined.*
(Yields 6-8 Medium-sized pancakes)
- 1 large Banana, ripe (spotty)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Oat Flour or Plain Instant Oats
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Rainbow Sprinkles, divided (increase for more confetti yumminess)
- Combine all ingredients except the sprinkles in a blender.
- Warm a medium-sized pan with low sides over medium-low heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Once your pan is hot, pour or scoop about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the pan.
- Wait about 30 seconds, then generously sprinkle your rainbow sprinkles onto the uncooked side.
- Flip when the edges begin to bubble and the center settles.
- Serve sprinkle-side down, as the colors will likely all blend together when being cooked. Don’t worry if it looks crazy. The side you cooked first should look like a beautiful golden pancake, and when you cut into it…magic will happen.
- Stack on a plate and top with whipped cream, a drizzle of pure maple syrup, extra sprinkles, and a little bit of fresh fruit if you’re feeling fancy. Which you probably are, considering you just read an entire post on how to make Confetti Banana Pancakes from scratch. Same, girl. Same.