If you love chocolate as much as I do, I think it’s safe to say that Crumbs and Contour is about to be your new best friend.
On surface level, one might say that I’m a “chocolate lover”…but that title is a serious understatement. I’m always trying to find ways to incorporate chocolate into my breakfast, lunch, and dinner — and if I don’t succeed, you can most likely find me hiding in a corner eating mini chocolate chips by the handful.
What? You don’t do that too?
In this particular episode of “What Meal Has Ashley Snuck Chocolate Into Today?” we’re taking on a healthy variation of a breakfast classic: Pancakes.
Now, obviously chocolate & pancakes is not an obscure or original combination. I mean, chocolate chips and pancakes might even top peanut butter and jelly as our society’s “one true pairing.” But healthy chocolate pancakes, made with whole ingredients that taste like fluffy, heavenly brownie discs? Now that’s an idea I can get behind. And you should too.
*All measurements are bolded below. Tools you will need are underlined*
- 1 Ripe Banana (Spotty)
- 4 Organic Eggs
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Combine all ingredients in a personal blender. Blend until incorporated, making sure not to over-mix.
- Spray a medium-sized skillet (Ikea sells a pan just for pancakes/crepes that is perfect for this) and heat to medium heat.
- Once your pan is hot, pour 1/4 cup worth of batter onto the pan.
- Let the batter sit for just one minute, then use your spatula to unstick it from the bottom of the pan. (Because this batter does not bubble up like a traditional pancake once it’s ready to be flipped, try not to take your eyes off of it while it’s cooking).
- Once the uncooked side facing up is firm and not spilling over the edges when you move the pancake around, it’s time to flip.
- Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until both sides are fully cooked through.
- Stack these on a plate and top them with Allergy-Friendly Mini Chocolate Chips, Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, and my favorite guilt-free Two-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Sauce