I don’t know if I’m late to the party, but I recently discovered chocolate dessert hummus and
My life will never be the same.
The hummus itself is so smooth and tastes just like brownie batter, with absolutely no lingering taste of chickpeas. I could (and secretly do) eat it by the spoonful, but to keep things civil I’ve created a chocolate sauce out of it to pour over my pancakes and oatmeal…and also directly into my mouth when no one’s looking. Just saying.
The proportions below are what worked best for me, but they can definitely be altered according to your taste — as long as you always use more hummus than almond milk. If you’re feelin’ fancy, you can add a pinch of sea salt, or a sprinkle of instant espresso powder. The possibilities are endless, and to be honest, experimenting with different flavors only gives you an extra excuse to practically drink this chocolate sauce at any given moment. You’re welcome. 😉
*All measurements and actions are bolded below. Tools you will need are underlined.*
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Chocolate Dessert Hummus
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk
- Pinch of Sea Salt (optional)
- Combine all three ingredients in a small microwavable bowl or glass measuring cup. Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 10-15 seconds, or until the chocolate hummus and almond milk mixture has reached a smooth consistency. Mix well again and enjoy!